Within scope of subsea operations services Trident Group of Companies performs following types of subsea surveys with remote operated vehicles:
- Survey of areas prior to installation of offshore floating drilling and fixed platforms
- Survey of wellheads of abandoned subsea wells
- Survey of subsea sections of offshore structures (visual survey and wall thickness test)
- Survey of subsea pipelines
- Survey of cathodic protection of subsea pipelines and offshore structures.
Subsea cable trenching with a designated subsea cable trenching equipment is yet another capability of Trident. Depending of physical and mechanical properties of soils, water depth, burial depth and cable properties, we use one of two trenchers available to us.
Subsea cable trencher Otter is an efficient tool for trenching of a wide range of cable types at water depths up to 50 meters. The trencher is built on an self-propelled tracked base of a multipurpose configuration suitable for installation of a mechanical chain cutter (for stiff clay and rock) as well as jetting tool for soil excavating with high flow rate of water (for sands and soft clayey grounds) [download data sheet].
Subsea cable trencher ST-2 is a simple in use and reliable tool designed for operation in sands, silty grounds and soft clays at water depths up to 30 meters. This cable trencher is of the jet washout type, controlled by divers. The trencher operates together with Trencher Support Pontoon or barge, where a water pump and data acquisition system are installed [download data sheet].